Bed bugs are a very painful issue. They get their name because of the way they hide and breed in bedding and other upholstery. Bed bugs mostly come out at night to hunt when you and your family is trying to catch some peaceful sleep. If you are finding yourself waking up to itching, there are chances you might have bed bugs.
Having bed bugs infestation doesn’t mean you aren’t a good housekeeper. In fact, there are great chances that the bed bugs you have simply got transported. Any home can have bed bugs, but of course, it is typically found in urban areas. Bed bugs mature in about a month, and live up to 12 months. This means removing them is pretty difficult without proper chemicals and bed bugs experts.
Do you have bed bugs infestation?
Well, luckily, bed bugs aren’t that great at hiding their tracks as the way they are at hunting. So, if you aren’t sure whether you have bed bugs or not, here are a few simple signs to look for…
- Fecal dots of red, black and brown color on bedding and mattresses
- Bed bug skin and skeletons littering around the infested area
- A moldy and sweet smell in the room of infestation
- Live bed bugs
Where to look for bed bug signs?
Now you know the signs of bed bug infestation, but the key is to understand where to look for them. Bed bugs feed on humans and thus want to remain in close proximity to their host. So, you can start by looking under your mattress, head board, bed framing, etc. Besides, even furniture which are close to bed may have bed bugs.
It is not necessary that bed bugs may only hunt at night. Basically, all they want is their host to remain inactive for a long time. This means, even your favorite recliner sofa can be home to bed bugs.
Bed bug bites
The reaction on the skin after a bed bug bite is pretty similar to those caused by normal fleas and mosquitoes. However, there are a few things which differentiate a bed bug bite from other insects. These signs are:
- Raised red welts
- Multiple bites in straight line
Why involve professionals for bed bug control?
With so many chemicals available for bed bugs control in the market, it is pretty tempting to control bed bug problem yourself. However, this isn’t advisable for many reasons. Let’s see why calling a professional is recommended.
- Safety: Professional bed bug control technician knows how to use the recommended chemicals without harming your family or pets.
- Warranty: Most of the bed bug control companies offer a 2 month guarantee. This means if you aren’t satisfied with the services and are still facing bed bug problems, you are pretty much covered.
- Competitive: Generally, home owners think that calling a professional will turn out expensive. Well, it is not, to ensure this simply contact a beg bug professional in your area and ask them to provide a quote.
If you are tired of waking up night after night because of bed bugs, now is the time to take an action. Don’t delay it any further and make a call to a bed bug professional today.